Winning Form has an exciting opportunity available for an Operations Manager: Food and Beverage to be based at HUTS – Team Support, in Umhlanga. The incumbent will be accountable for the growth of the Food and Beverage business through establishment of new service outlets and improving the effectiveness of existing service outlets. This will include oversight and management, setting and implementing standards and ensuring compliance and adherence. The successful candidate will be required to partner with Branch Managers to enquire about Customer experience and areas of improvement, to ensure that the Food and Beverage experience attracts and retains customers, as well as providing the best dining experience possible to the Customer.
- Relevant Food and Beverage experience.
- A minimum of 2 – 3 year's experience in the Food and Beverage industry.
- A minimum of 2 – 3 year's management experience.
- Extensive knowledge in food and controls.
- Valid driver’s licence.
Oversight and management:
- Facilitate the opening of new F&B branches nationally.
- Be innovative in taking the F&B business forward including partnering with head chefs nationally to plan, review and revise menus for F&B branches and for special events.
- National F&B cost and budget management to ensure maximum profitability, financial management of F&B targets for the branches, cash and stock control for the F&B branches, grow national F&B revenue generation.
- Manage all food and beverage resources nationally, including F&B managers and F&B supervisors and indirectly all national F&B staff. Establish performance standard and conduct performance reviews.
- Monitor customer service and Customer experience nationally. Pro-actively address repetitive customer complaints and ensure future customer feedback is positive. Partner with branch managers to enquire about customer experience and areas of improvement to ensure that F&B experience attracts and retains customers.
- Review branch and regional level daily, weekly and monthly F&B reports and manage the improvement of operational and financial results.
Setting and implementing standards:
- Ensure quality of food nationally. Monitor food preparations, portion sizes and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner and according to quality standards.
- Ensure that national branch es maintain the GAAP system in order to operate effectively.
- Ensure that national F&B facilities are well maintained at all times, clean and tidy work and service areas. This includes the entire kitchen area, freezer/fridges/storerooms/service areas/dining areas/ bar area. Ensure the cutlery and crockery is clean and in good condition for use by customers.
- Ensure stock is maintained at a good standard. Ensure branches declare F&B stock wastages and breakages to dispense of expired stock. Ensure F&B stock is neatly packages to preserve the stock and keep it in a neat and tidy condition, stored in appropriate locations.
Ensuring compliance and adherence:
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations regarding food preparations and serving and building maintenance in kitchen and service areas nationally.
- Ensure internal F&B processes are followed nationally. Ensure compliance queries are kept to a minimum and resolved timeously.
- Investigate national stock variances and shortages and implement correct action and interventions as needed. Ensure national stock control, stock reconciliations, stock recording and stock reporting is accurate and well managed. This includes front and back office stock.
- Resource management of F&B resources nationally in line with operational trends and events to ensure optimal staff and asset utilization. Provide input into the scheduling of resources and assigning of duties taking into account busy periods, events, operating hours to ensure that the F&B department is sufficiently staffed and able to meet operational requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impressive planning and organisational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate initiative. (Pro-active).
- Good presentation and reporting skills.
Please note that only Team Members who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.